Being an Army veteran himself, Dr. Schweitzer is able to serve and relate with those who have served or are currently serving in our armed forces. This includes their families. Opportunities to minister include:
1. Writing cards and letters to young people who have recently graduated from high school following their enlistment into the armed forces and during their initial basic training.
2. Writing many prayers directed toward veterans and families on Facebook and with email and text messaging.
3. Conducting military funerals at the Iowa Veterans Cemetery.
4. Visiting and ministering to veterans in local veterans nursing homes.
5. Serving in color guards and firing squads during funerals that include military honors.
6. Writing to servicemen and women who are deployed overseas with proper authorization and which includes an APO address.
7. Comforting servicemen and women who are struggling with PTSD, thoughts of suicide, and moral injuries.